.

puzzle pieces

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

lessons learned from the life around us~



One can make good progress
 if only you stick your neck out.
{and it looks as though yoga isn't for the faint of heart.}



Having to face my fear of flying last week...I was reminded by this guy that:
Any landing you can walk away from...is a good one.



{It's always a good thing to face things head on and let the issues just roll off our backs.}
But sometimes it is alright to want to close our eyes and hide while it passes too.


When you're having a bad hair day...food can comfort. 
(although my choice would be chocolate.)



Don't ever let anyone tell you that you're not big enough to do something great...

....and sometimes when we stand alone is when we feel the bravest.




I'm glad to see that there are others who have days when they wish everyone would just leave them alone....



...as long as there are also days when we can bravely stand out and show the beauty of who we really are.





And never forget that:
Life would be a mundane affair if one didn't come out of  their shell every so often.

Curiosity is a perfectly normal way to learn.


Have a wonderful day...and choose to make it great.

30 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful photos and inspiring words, as usual, my friend.

I've been in my shell for a very long time. It's scary out there!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Pretty pictures - the duck is my favorite - just gorgeous!

Brian King said...

Beautiful photos, Dawn! Love the colors in the mallard! The hummingbird is nice, too!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that little bulldoggie looks sooo dejected and sad. I think he needs a hug. Or a doggie biscuit to cheer him up.

Farm Girl said...

You too, lots of wonderful reminders for this day.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I always love your posts you make me think and your photos are always beautiful.
Hug B

Deb said...

great post Dawn....awesome photos...

Jo said...

Your beautiful words combine perfectly with your beautiful photos. I absolutely adore that close up of the duck. How gorgeous God dressed him.

Out on the prairie said...

A very nice set of thpoughts, and interesting photos.

Robin said...

Wow, I love this set of photos. So fresh and bright. I look forward to seeing more soon!

Jack said...

A well-illustrated fable for us today, Dawn.

Michelle said...

Some serious words of wisdom!

Slamdunk said...

Yes, standing alone, though scary initially, can quickly transform into bravery. As well as motivating to others.

Thanks Dawn!

Hilary said...

A great post, Dawn. Love how you married the words with the images.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful sentiments.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

These are neat pics...I could not pick a fav...but I like the thoughts with them

Changes in the wind said...

You are the best!! Great post.

Full-On-Forward said...

Boy you are doing that Camera justice!

Big hugs from SC and enjoy a Beautiful Spring!


John

penny said...

Fantastic series of photos, Dawn.. loved the thought provoking words as well.

Peter said...

Amazing nature shots, always inspiring, hope your foot injury is in the past.

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully inspiring words to go with these gorgeous pictures!

Debbie said...

oh dawn, you paired these together beautifully!!

i feel so inspired!!

Tammy said...

Lovely, and thank you for the inspiration:)

Inger said...

I love the colors of the duck. And I know you walked away happily from a safe landing.

wayne15575 said...

Thanks Dawn. It's so good to be back among my friends again. I think...hope... I have my blog fixed so I can now get comments again.

Talk again soon...

Alan said...

You actually live in a zoo, right?:-) Lovely set of photos and sentiments to match.

Unknown said...

I think in this economy, we're all having to stretch like the turtle! :)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautiful post, both meaningful and fun. Lovely selection of photos too.

Janie said...

Words to live by, and photos to illustrate their meaning. Beautifully done, Dawn.

Betty Manousos said...

i love your inspiring words and gorgeous photos.
just what i needed today!

stopping by through a rural journal blog to say hi.

happy weekend!