.

puzzle pieces

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Escapes

It seems at this time of year...and I really don't know why becuase you would think that summer would have had enough of its own excitement.....but I feel the need to travel. Somewhere. Anywhere. And for the last 3 years I have. Gone somewhere in the months of September and/or October.
2 years ago I headed out to the west coast to spend almost a week with my brother and his wife. I took my 2 youngest on that trip. Last September Molly and I got this grand idea....we wanted to walk where "Anne with an "e" walked"....and visit the places "Emily of New Moon" explored. So off to Prince Edward Island we went. Lucy Maud Montgomery was the first reason we decided to venture out east....that and the fact that a few years previous Molly had won plane tickets to anywhere in Canada, and we had gone to Victoria, B.C.. So....of course we had to explore both sides of our country...balance it out.

Not only did we tour the Island, but we rented a car and got to travel into other maritime provinces...New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

Below are a few of our favorite pictures and adventures....."Rachel Lyndes' House"...we stayed here 3 nights.
Cavendish Beach....loved the red sand!

And one of our favorite spots in New Brunswick was Hopewell Rocks. THAT was a place on earth that made my heart smile big. It's actually considered one of Canada's Wonders. When the tide is up around these rocks you can swim, boat, kayak around and under them. But when the tide goes out....you climb down and explore around and under them...for miles. It's quite a walk on the "ocean floor". We stayed long enough to watch the tide come up. It was quite amazing to see.
There are so many more pictures to show...and experiences to share. (Like the: "Lobster For The First Time" experience), but I will save those for a rainy day.
Right now I am going to go plan this Fall getaway. I'm thinking of going south this year.....

No comments: