.

puzzle pieces

Thursday, November 12, 2009

BREAKFAST Food

Yesterday I decided to refill my granola jar....
So here's the recipe for the (1) person out there who wanted it:


In a very large bowl add APPROXIMATELY (I don't measure a thing....but add quantities of the ingredient based on how I feel that day!)...
10 cups rolled oats
2 cups coconut
2 cups wheat germ
2 cups sunflower seeds
2 cups pumpkin seeds
2 cups cashews
2 cups flax seed
(And you don't have to add all of the above, just adjust it to what you like.)


In a smaller bowl mix together:
2-3cups maple syrup
1/2 cup oil (I use olive oil)
vanilla
cinnamon (optional)


Mix the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and stir well.


Divide the mixture and spread it evenly into baking dishes.


Bake at 325 degress for approximately 30-40 minutes...
depending on how crunchy you like granola!


While it bakes, soak 2-3 cups of raisins and/or cranberries in apple juice.
Near the last 10 minutes of baking, add the fruit to the granola and mix in well.
Finish baking until it's as crunchy as you like.
(Note: the fruit WILL burn easily, so if it is going to bake for longer than
10 minutes more, stir every so often.)


Remove from oven and let cool.
Store in airtight containers.
I freeze any I think won't be eaten before a week is up.
(Freezes well and keeps for a long time....well...
that is if it isn't eaten of course!)


Enjoy.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi! thanks for coming by my blog! This recipe looks great, i'm going to stop back and copy it when i have more time. as for the pumpkin bread and latte....you've got my #..i'm convinced that 90% of my energy is actually caffeine induced so.....