.

puzzle pieces

Sunday, January 30, 2011

march to the time~

2 weeks ago I boarded this ship:
In 2 more weeks we will be half way through yet another month.
~~~~~~

Earlier today I ate Birthday cake
to celebrate the 9 years I've been blessed with this guy:
{Happy Birthday Ben}

In about 9 more years, he may be leaving home and living out his own moments.
~~~~

In approximately 7 hours I will go to sleep.

If I'm blessed with one more day, I will wake up 7 hours later to begin yet another one and fill it with moments.
~~~~~~

It's something how time marches on.
And we have to march along with it regardless if we like the idea or not.
(just like I had to leave that ship ---even though i would have been quite 
content to cruise around on it one more week:)
~~~~~~~~

Love these lyrics......

This time around is the only time you get
Like an hour glass that can't never be turned again
Once it's done, all you are is who you've been
So sink or swim
I'm diving in
This time around
This time around
Gonna love with all my heart
Do my best not to finish where I start
No regrets
Set my coarse among the stars
No looking back
No pointing back
This time around
Each waking moment's what you make it
Don't let a minute pass you by
This is the only chance
So take it
All you have to do is spread your wings and fly
This time around

                                                                  ~Paul Brandt "This Time Around" 
~~~~

28 comments:

Michelle said...

So true....things move along even if we don't want them to.

TexWisGirl said...

Happy birthday to your son! I like how you presented your blocks of time. So true in how fast it rushes by...

CountryDreaming said...

History includes us.
Wishing your son a Happy Birthday!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday to your son....Happy giving birthday to you....

Farm Girl said...

A day filled with loveliness. I think I might have wanted to stay on the ship a bit longer too.

Jimmy said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!

Yes time marches on whether we like it or not, best thing to do is pick a beat we are like and march right along :)

Lowell said...

Welcome back, Dawn, and thank you for your very kind comment on The Villages DP!

Glad you had a good time on your cruise. And a very Happy Birthday to Ben. I'm so glad to see that you are enjoying the moment...it's all we have.

And time goes by so fast. Our son was 9 not long ago. Now he's 50!

Love the shot of the ship. Creatively delightful!

Have a great week!

Hilary said...

Wonderful post, Dawn. So true. Happy Birthday to your boy. :)

Randy said...

My question is why time flies so much faster when we are on vacation or during the weekend. Maybe the work week uses another clock all together. Enjoy the time you have and make the most of it.

Anonymous said...

so true
loven' your words today dawn

love and light

Aimee said...

Love those lyrics!
Happy Birthday to your son!

Rick said...

Well Happy Birthday to Ben ! Great lyrics by Brandt and poignant words (again) by you, with such fitting photos (the last one is SO appropriate to your theme).

Liesl said...

Congrats on your son's birthday! Yes, time doesn't stand still for anyone..

Allison said...

Very true and sometimes, in my mind, sad. Of late I've come to ask myself... "Which time in your life would you want to live over?" And I realized that I wouldn't want to relive any of the times in my life, really. I wouldn't want to go back. That single thought has been a lifeboat to me on the days I fell off the cruise ship and watched it glide into the distance without me. :)

darlin said...

Dawn I often wonder where time slips away to, it seems to be going way to fast and I can't catch up to it sometimes! Next time hold the ship for me k? I'm coming along! ;-)

Happy birthday Ben!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!
(My first grandson born 2 weeks ago is named Benjamin:-)

We must make every moment count.. Great reminders this post is!!!

Joe said...

And time goes into double time march the older you get.

Nancy said...

Joe said it best -- the older you get, the faster it goes. Glad you realize that too and try to make the best of each day. :)

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Love your dissection of time. It's unbelievable how it goes by. Happy birthday Ben. :)

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love this perspective about time!! It does go by fast...

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I wonder where the time goes. The expression time flies really makes sense.

Hope said...

so true! love your post!

happy birthday to Ben. (that was my dads name)

Val said...

Oh, how I would love to just freeze time and special moments in my life. Happy Belated Birthday, Ben!!!

Out on the prairie said...

Cruisin sounds nice, never tried it. When I dream of my kids they usually are around this age again.Happy B Day Ben.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Thank you for this Dawn...such an inspiration.

Pat Tillett said...

What a beautiful and thought provoking post Dawn! You are so right and we better latch onto and enjoy the things we have, because time isn't gonna stop for anybody...

Inger said...

Again, more wonderful thoughts from you. I am so glad to know you and your blog now. And I have something for you on my post of today. Just to show my appreciation.--Inger

LBB said...

I hate to think that in 9 more years my daughter may also be off on her own :( I know they have to grow up, but some days I really wish I could put the brakes on and slow it all down.