.

puzzle pieces

Friday, March 1, 2013

Bridge Month


I see March as
a month which bridges our winter to spring.

It's not a glorious month....there still is snow on the ground.


Not pretty... as no flowers dare appear for fear of  the certain snowstorms we have yet to endure.

Days can be grey and the horizon line meshes with the sky for one never-ending landscape of white.


And yet....

March does not scare me.
It's the bridge needed to tolerate and tackle to get us to the Spring of things.
I can already feel it coming.

I open my windows now and again just to dare March to linger longer then it has to.
I listen for and can hear the sweet chirps of brave birds.

I can feel the world around me ready to breathe again....
and March to me becomes,

the most pleasant of all months.



~Happy new month~


~Just a beginning~

12 comments:

Deb said...

I love March

Judy said...

March means spring is on it's way :)

Jack said...

March is a month of hope.

Anonymous said...

Down here we're praying for cooler weather! But it's still perfect weather fro photography. Enjoy!

Out on the prairie said...

Seeing buds on the trees and hope to see some crocus announce Springs arrival.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Dawn this is beautiful as are your spring coming photos. I love March. hug B

mountain mama said...

Great shots! We're looking forward to spring! :)

Cat said...

happy new beginnings to you Dawn

love and light

Hilary said...

What a pretty meadow.. hurry spring!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

March has come in like a freezing lion for us in GA this week...but I have waited on Spring this year

Allison said...

Lovely. I hope spring comes soon. My daughters are already hunting for tiny flowers...

Pat Tillett said...

It comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb...

Great post! Inspirational words and beautiful photographs.