.

puzzle pieces

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another Part...

You know that verse, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver"? Well.....at the very beginning of this trip I experienced that exact verse!
Honestly....when we arrived there were very MANY things that went wrong. On top of it all we had been up for almost 36 hours straight because of our flight times and I definitely cannot sleep on the plane...or very well at an airport during our 3 hour wait in Toronto.
Add to lack of sleep- hotel mix-ups, westjet problems, a CRAZY one hour drive thru the streets of Mexico, no food consumed for at least 11 hours, (do Bits and Bites count?), construction under our room, internet costs and time restrictions in trying to alert our travel agent....it made for an interesting Dawn. (Poor Mike!)
"We" decided I needed food, so we went down to the buffet in our resort...it was 10pm. The food was unappealing because I had reached my point of total exhaustion. I wanted to go home to my bed and my kids. I was ready to start walking!
Our first "meal" there consisted of Mike trying to eat while I stared off trying not to let the sweet waiter we had see my silly tears I could NOT stop no matter how hard I tried. I finally went to get up to go sleep.....Mike was still eating, and our waiter came running. All I could think of was that I didn't want a thing....just sleep.

"Can I get you anything at all?"
No, I said, I'm fine.
"Anything?"
no. (trying to sniff back tears)
"Coffee?"
My heart literally bounced back into place! How could I have forgotten COFFEE? I hadn't had a cup all day. Nothing sounded more comforting and familiar!
I sighed, wearliy sat down, my tears stopped, and I sweetly (I think) said,
"Oh yes, Please!"

He proceeded to bring out a small table covered with all different utensils, glasses, bottles of yummy stuff, and then he lit a dish on fire.
It took him almost 10 minutes to prepare the most delicious coffee I have ever tasted! Ever!





I wish that waiter knew just what that cup of Mayan Coffee did for me.
(And I think Mike was EXTREMELY  grateful to him as well:)
His one word, "coffee", made my weariness seem distant.
And it helped that it was completely delicious.

I just wish I knew what was in it and how I could make it here.....




A word filty spoken.....
:)

(Don't worry, most of all our other "Trip Stories" do not
include me being so dramatic...at least not that I will tell of:)


No comments: