.

puzzle pieces

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Set Aside Some Thinking Time

A couple days ago something came to mind. How busy I have been actually trying to keep myself. A good friend of mine even said, "It seems like you are living life at a frantic place, in order not to think".


Now I would be the first one to say that the least of my problems is not thinking. In fact, my biggest problem is that I think far too much. But lately, I have filled my life up with runs and other sports, crafts and hobbies, holiday times, backpacking, going out with friends...just basically trying to keep going to fill my time, and my mind. I think I know some of the reasons for doing this, and they are the exact reasons for why I need to slow it down.


It's time to stop. Stop living at such a frantic pace, and set aside time to think.
Not the thinking I normally do.
But the thoughtful type of thinking.


I am going to try to find moments throughout my day to stop. And think thoughts. Actual full, well-rounded thoughts. And think them through. And even if I don't come up with a plan or solution, at least I can wrestle with ideas and begin to take captive that which is flying around my mind at such a crazy pace.




Taking time today, and every day after, to think......

No comments: