.

puzzle pieces

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

time ticks

Looking through clothes my kids have outgrown, I found this little dress Molly used to wear when she was tiny. I remember how she looked in it, how she felt when I picked her up and cuddled her while she had it on. My sweet baby girl, with curly! hair and big blue eyes and a mouth like her Great Grandma's. She would run barefoot wearing this dress, playing in the backyard....too little to get on the swing by herself.
And now....time has ticked on.
She is still my little girl but in grown-up things. Taller than me. Wearing make-up and writing e-mails, loving her riding boots a little more than girl shoes or bare feet.

Of course there is no getting little girl days back....but I do have the memories.
And I can still make more- with her and all the other people in my life.

A relative of my husband passed away this last weekend.
Mike was recalling parts of this man's life to us....speaking fondly of things he did and how he was as a person.
It was great for Mike to have those memories of him...something to look back on and remember him in who he was.

Memories can be made anywhere...not JUST on a trip or special occasion.
Sometimes the most beautiful and dear memories are the ones that
aren't planned- they just happen.
But whenever or wherever they do...make sure to grab them as they tick by.
People I love are growing up. They won't be small ever again.
~~~
I'll be gone from this blog world for a couple weeks. Making memories.

~Cherish Yesterday~
~Dream Tomorrow~
~Live Today~

Happy memory-making to all of you....



4 comments:

our little love nest said...

oooh how this post rings so real for me right now too...so much so that I teared up ALOT!!
I love you and miss you, sweet girl!
xoxo

LindyLou said...

Beautiful post, Dawn.

koralee said...

Oh what a sweet little dress...yes they grow so so fast..just did a post on memories too. Thank you for all your sweet comments. Have a good time away. See you when you get back.

Sascalia said...

Beautiful Post Dawn, made me teary. My children are my world and they are growing up so fast. I try to grab hold of as many moments as I can but sometimes I feel it all passes by too quickly. X