.

puzzle pieces

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Our Favorite Read for this summer......



I love reading out loud to my kids...I have since as far back as I can remember. Of course, now that they're older...I get to read books that I enjoy too- not just Go Car Go and Green Eggs and Ham (although those are good too:)


Each year we try to read at least 5 chapter books together, and we usually all agree on what we want to read. Our ultimate favorite of late would have to be the Ralph Moody books....beginning with "Little Britches". I swear- every time I read one of his books I end up in tears. He's an author that can make you actually feel like you're one of the characters in the book. We've finished Little Britches, Man of the Family, and now get to begin Mary Emma and Company on our drive out to the mountains tomorrow.
I think I may sneak the next book along too....for my own private reading time:)

No comments: