.

puzzle pieces

Friday, April 30, 2010

Tea Party


I have always loved tea.
It makes me feel more grown up than a plain old cup of coffee,
and I am sure it's much better for me too!
And anyway...doesn't a Tea Party sound so much happier and fun than a Coffee Party?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A good friend of mine just came back a bit ago from a missions trip in Costa Rica. While she was there she met many people with different stories and many needs. Certain people who's life stories would make us want to reach out and help too.
Upon her return home, she told me about one mom who is in desperate need of help, not only for herself but for her own son, her sister's children whom she has taken in, and her mother. She works 10-12 hours a day to support all 5 of them, and can barely make enough to pay for housing, let alone food and clothing.
My friend and I decided to host 2 Mother's/Daughter/Ladies Teas in celebration of upcoming Mother's Day, but also as a fundraiser for this single mom who touched her heart while in Costa Rica.
For any of you who are reading this and live in Central Alberta....you are very welcome to attend our Tea Party. There are 2...one being held on Friday, May 7th and the other on the Saturday, May 8th. There is no charge, but any donations made will go towards this family.
If you are interested in celebrating Mother's Day and helping another mother out there, please feel free to e-mail me for more information.
I would love to have you to our Tea Party!
My e-mail is deejaylblue@hotmail.com and I will be happy to add you to our list of Tea Party People!



(Above photos can be found here)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

So sweet! What a wonderful idea!!!! I love it!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your awesome comment! You're welcome any time at all! =)
I hope your tea party fundraiser is a HUGE success!!!!
Have a wonderful afternoon!
-jamie