.

puzzle pieces

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Countdown

....and today i will give each of the kids their advent calendar- as I do and have done every December 1st since I've had kids. (I think I may have even bought those chocolate advent calendars for myself before kids were here!)
I love counting down the days to an event. Not because I want it to hurry and get here...but more because I love the fact that there's still days in between me and the exciting day. Most of the fun is waiting for "it" to happen.
I've decided that instead of "eating my way" to count down til Christmas, I'm going to "open my advent calendar door" to what I love so very much about December and Christmas.

So....for my 1st advent calendar countdown.....one of the things i love about December is pulling out my glass houses. You know the ones that plug in and glow and make you feel that just maybe there ARE little people living in them, that run around inside when you aren't looking.




I can rememebr when I began buying these glass houses by Department 56, (New England Village Series)....they were having a sale in a Christmas store with everything 50% off. Normally I don't buy alot of "stuff"...(I'm one of those people who do not like things on my counters or above them. It makes me go a little crazy....) Anyway, Molly and I were in Victoria, British Columbia at the time. But I fell in love with 2 of the village houses...the Violin Maker Shop and The Button Factory. I was pretty sure I could layer my clothing to make room in my suitcase for the boxes!
The next time I bought a house was in Disneyland no less! Again....a sale. Of course I could find room for ONE box in a suitcase.
This began my hunt for New Village houses to turn on in my winter months of the year.
~
And this concludes my first of 20-some odd things I love about December and the Christmas Season.
(Any one out there have some New England Village houses that are "cluttering up" their mantel they would like to sell?)


~1~


No comments: