.

puzzle pieces

Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day Back

i have always dreaded the first day back to school. ever since i can remember. there was always such a dilema about what to wear, what to take for supplies and when, who would want to be my friend that year, and more importantly...who wouldn't. as i got older it never got any better. sad to say...my last 3 years (high school) were spent trying to get people to like me just so i wouldn't get shoved up against lockers and called names i couldn't repeat on this blog. trying to fit in to the cool group was an everyday chore.....and academics???? that wasn't even why i was there.
i wish i could go back.
i would stand up....and not try to stand out.
i would learn.....and want to learn.
i wouldn't care.....about not being invited out on weekends.
my clothes and hair...would have been less priority.
i would have respected......teachers and peers to a higher degree.
i would have reached out....to those seeming as lost as i.
being liked.....would not have been my number one goal.

but i'm not going back. so i live today with those same wishes in my everyday life as a mom, sister, daughter, friend, and average person in this world.
have a good day "back to school"!

4 comments:

LindyLou said...

Wow, I didn't know it was like that for you.
Wish we had known each other better then.

Love ya, appreciate you and your blog and you sharing your feelings and thoughts.

Hope to see you soon.

Dawn said...

Me too:)
And yes....see you soon!

Melissa A said...

Hi Dawn,
Your time in school sounds a little similar to mine. It's good that as adults we can make a choice not to endure that any longer. Life is good now and when you are an adult you can make it what you want it to be. Thanks for visiting my blog while I was gone on vacation. I'll be back to read more soon.

Dawn said...

Thanks Melissa.
It IS nice to be an adult with second chances and "second" choices! I agree:)
Hope your vacation was Happy:)